Economic Security Planning, Inc. provides the nation’s most powerful and comprehensive financial planning software tools and hands on calculation services to households and financial planners.
Our unique, widely acclaimed, and highly affordable products have been developed by Boston University professor Laurence Kotlikoff — one of our nation’s leading economists and the company’s founder.
You can use our patented tools on your own or have us use them for you. Either way our goal is finding safe ways to maximize your sustainable living standard. So whether it’s saving, insurance, Social Security, retirement, career, divorce, housing, or job decisions, we can help.
What We Don't Do
We aren’t lawyers, divorce mediators, or CFPs or other types of credentialed financial planners. You will likely need help from such professionals in writing up your agreement and doing other paperwork involved in filing for a divorce.
But either before—or as you work with these divorce specialists—you will need to agree on a settlement. But making a deal requires understanding how you each will fare. This is where Analyze My Divorce Settlement comes in. Our software is uniquely able to assist you in really knowing what you are getting before you sign.
Comprehensive and Careful Calculations
The Washington Post described our software as “the deepest and most powerful financial planning engine” for good reason. Our divorce settlement analysis service is highly detailed.
It incorporates, for both spouses:
- All future employment income
- Alimony payments
- Federal and State taxes
- Social Security benefits
- Child-care costs
- Financial Assets
- Real Estate
- Current and future housing decisions
- Regular (e.g., IRAs and 401(k)s 403(b)s
- Roth retirement accounts
- Child education costs
- 529 plans
- Brokerage Accounts – stocks and bonds
- Bank accounts holding cash
- Pensions and retirement benefits
- Privately owned businesses
- Business investments
- Professional practices
- Deferred compensation
- Stock options
- Gifts received during marriage
- Rental Income
- Furniture and furnishings
- Life Insurance
- Loans and other debts
Our Financial Engine
ESPlanner Divorce Financial Planning Software is the most comprehensive program available to evaluate divorce settlement agreements.
We use our software to analyze the proposed divorce settlement agreement(s) to determine the long-term financial impact for both you and your spouse over your lifetimes.
We present a full post-divorce lifetime financial plan for each proposed settlement agreement.
Using this patented software, we can measure the post-divorce living standard for you and your spouse. This is a projection of the money you will each have to spend over your lifetime.
We can also suggest ways to protect your post-divorce living standard by:
- Recommending annual saving amounts
- Recommending annual life insurance holdings
- Considering future tax hikes
- Considering future Social Security benefit cuts
- Incorporating growth in Medicare Part B premiums
- Carefully accounting for inflation
- Providing extremely detailed annual federal and state tax calculations
- Incorporating Social Security survivor benefits
- Letting you plan for major future health expenditures
Our service can save you thousands in fees, quickly help you reach agreement, and find safe ways to raise your post-divorce living standards.
Analyze up to four divorce settlements for $2000
Evaluate a single divorce settlement for $1000
Our Process is Strictly Confidential
- We discuss your situation
- We collect all relevant data through our secure online input form
- We analyze your proposed divorce settlement agreement(s) using our patented ESPlanner Divorce Financial Planning Software
- We find win-win improvements to any proposed divorce settlement
- We provide detailed post-divorce lifetime financial plans for each spouse
- The report compares the living standards, net worth, taxes, expenses, etc. of each spouse in each scenario.